Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gingerbread Library -- FRIENDS Fund Raiser

Ever see a Gingerbread Library? Conshohocken Public Library FRIEND Jen Borovicka baked and built a replica of the 152-year-old Victorian Gothic Revival building as a centerpiece for a Winter Solstice Celebration and a raffle prize.

Once upon a time, a long long time ago when I was getting my MLS degree from Drexel University, I lived around the corner from the Conshohocken, PA public library. So, when I was reading today's issue of American Libraries Direct, news of the fund raiser by the FRIENDS of the Conshohocken Library caught my eye.

What a yummy treat! How many libraries can say their library tastes and smells like Gingerbread? Hope the FRIENDS have digitally captured the little library in a way that can be used for holiday cards, cups, or calendars.

No comments: